Some visual images for you:
- Examples of traditional Minang headdresses for a wedding ceremony.
- The four bands at the bottom of this fabric represent the four qualities a young woman should have to be of good marriage quality: thrifty, shrewd enough to manage the matrilineal line, serene, and motherly.
- Carano – ornamental and footed brass bowls carried by women on their heads during ceremonial processions. Generally filled with items like: betel nuts, siriah leaves.
- Note the modern additions of the jeans and bright green flip-flops.
- The rumah adat is the traditional large house in Minang culture. Notice the shape of the roof resembles the horns of the water buffalo.